1. ICT for Youth.
Strategic mission: Education environment (formal and non-formal) develops appropriate access to create opportunities so that Vietnamese youth are interested in computer science and information technology, and are improved IT skills for their integration and development.
Computer science is usually only found in large cities. Rural areas and ethnic minority youth have not accessed it yet. Currently, Vietnam has more than 300 ethnic boarding schools. Learning and teaching IT practices is a part of basic theoretical knowledge.
- Through education system.
- Enhance students interest via attractive teaching models and events.
- Review lesson learned before expanding.
- Organizing capacity building activities for youth.
- Organize various events: workshops, student exchange, talkshow, competitions, etc.
- Train teachers
2. ICT for Non-profit Organizations
Strategic mission: Create an NPO community in Vietnam that can help one another work effectively with accountability and transparency through inhanced ICT skills to support, share, and spread to the community.
- NPOs still operate individually and can’t connect to others due to limited resources, so ICT has not been given priority importance.
- Existing NGOs often operate independently and have little chance of connecting.
- Through donated softwares programs, Vietnet-ICT will build capacity for NPOs to create networks, connect resources.
- Develop communication channels via newsletter, email, Facebook, state the benefits of organizations when they are in the program.
- Brand Vietnet-ICT to be a reliable and effective connector.
- Organize ICT trainings and capacity building activities to support NPO community in Vietnam.
- Help nonprofits and NGOs get copyrighted software packages through free and paid donation programs.
- Collect and connect to build up the database for the exchange of NPO community.
- Creating communication channels for parties to interact and exchange (website, Facebook).
3. Support community through ICT, communication and entrepreneurship.
Strategic mission: Vulnerable communities participating in economic life in the country including ethnic minority, single women and the poor are linked to enterprises and supported and benefitted with food chain production and consumption via ICT gadgets.
Problems: regions with ethnic minorities still face many difficulties. The start-up by a member of local people or run a business which intimately connects with local people to enhance their jobs and living conditions need creative solutions. There exists ICT infrastructure but skills and environment need to be improved so that community can be benefitted with ICT through enhanced business operations.
- Utilize local networks.
- Connect with related partners who have mutual mission.
- Use ICT gadgets .
- Research entrepreneurship needs in local, find capacity gap and connect.
- Build capacity through communication trainings aiming at target groups.
- Create an enabling environment through connected actions