[JOB DESCRIPTION] Program Officer
Link details information: Click here
Position: Program Officer
Vietnet Information Technology and Communication Center (Vietnet-ICT) is a Vietnamese not-for-profit non-governmental organization working in the areas of information technology and communication.
Vietnet-ICT strives to promote opportunities for the development of disadvantaged Vietnamese people through narrowing the digital divide and assisting with effective information access. Our Mission is to support disadvantaged Vietnamese people to access and benefit from information
technology and communication services via promoting partnership and capacity building.
Over the last decades, we have been working with global technology partners to bring ICT and digital skills training to focus groups including youth, nonprofit organizations, and community-based enterprises. Through our programs such as YouthSpark Digital Inclusion (YDI) or We Think Digital, nearly 3000 teachers have been trained with new skills and through them approximately 400,000 students of secondary schools in provinces and cities throughout Vietnam have been accessed to knowledge and skills on ICTs, computer science and, internet governance and online safety. Vietnet-ICT is looking for 01 qualified program officer to join our growing team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Liaising the implementation of projects’ activities, especially those under the organization’s youth based program:
- Develop detail project implementation work plan (including stakeholder assessment and risk management plan) and monitor project progress in regards to budget and achievements;
- Timely delivery of project-specific tasks and agreed-upon project work plan within budget, including in the preparation of project related reports;
- Conduct coordination with relevant partners, including training suppliers, sponsors, school partners, government authorities in Viet Nam, and relevant NGOs, towards the delivery of project objectives;
- Organize the events, trainings, meetings…
- Coordinate with the Vietnet-ICT team to ensure that project funds are used as efficiently and effectively as possible and to improve in house knowledge base on the experience gained from the implementation of projects.
Education and Professional Qualifications Requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in private foundation, NGO or development projects.
Experience, Skills and Behavior Requirements
- Having knowledge and passion in ICT, digital subjects
- Having experience on curriculum development and training is preferred
- Excellent knowledge and experience in event organization, project management, program implementation, execution including techniques, processes, and risk assessment/management
- Independent, self-motivating and assertive
- Willingness to travel frequently to project sites.
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English
- Ability to work under pressure meeting the deadlines whilst still providing high standards outputs
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
An application should include:
– A resume/curriculum vitae (no more than 3 pages) summarizing qualifications and experience;
– An application letter (no more than two pages);
Please indicate your expectation for remuneration/salary in your application
Submit applications by 30 June 2020
Contact details: Ms. Nguyen Thuy Huong – Administrative Manager
Email to:email@example.com; with copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org