[JOB OPPORTUNITY] - Technical Officer
Position: Technical Officer
Details: TOR_IT officer_final
Vietnet Information Technology and Communication Center (Vietnet-ICT) is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization working in the areas of information technology and communication. Vietnet-ICT is established under Decision No. 227 / QD-TWH dated 21/11/2017 by the Vietnam Scientific Association for Development of Talents and Operation Registration Certificate of Technology and Science No. 195 / DK-KH & CN dated 20/12/2007 by Hanoi Science & Technology Department.
Vietnet-ICT strives to narrowing digital gap, to enable organizations and communities to develop and achieve more. Our mission is supporting communities, especially disadvantaged Vietnamese people, to get access and benefit from information technology and communication services via promoting partnership and capacity building.
Vietnet-ICT's ongoing programs include:
- ICT for youths (YouthSpark): brings opportunities to Vietnamese youths who are interested in computer science and information technology, and are improved IT skills for their integration and development.
- ICT for non-profit, non-governmental and social organizations (NPOConnect): works with nonprofit organizations operating in Vietnam to improve their effectiveness, efficiency and accountability through empowering access to ICT skills and services of these organization, so they can support, share and spread their reputation. NPOConnect Program includes projects such as ICT Trainings, licensed software donation from technololy partners, ICT and start-up skills for social enterprises, especially ethnic minority areas in difficult remote mountainous areas or remote sea and islands.
To expand our program, Vietnet-ICT is looking for a specialized technical officer, who have backgroud knowledge of training or experience in IT.
This role will report directly to Vietnet-ICT Deputy Director and will work in close collaboration with other members of Vietnet-ICT.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage and Build IT systems of Vietnet-ICT and partners, systems to serve the community.
- Design and implement technical work, especially IT in projects and activities of Vietnet-ICT.
- Lead the IT training in activities for organizations: more specifically, the following tasks:
- Plans training programs, prepares related documents.
- Works with project team, carries out IT training and guidance.
- Maintains regular and periodic updates on IT training for project manager.
- Coordinate with the Vietnet-ICT team to ensure that project funds are used as efficiently and effectively as possible and to improve in house knowledge base on the experience gained from the implementation of projects.
4. Development of project proposals for funding: Take key part in project proposals development aligned with the Vietnet-ICT strategic work plan.
Education and Professional Qualifications Requirements:
Minimum of Bachelor Degree in IT.
Minimum of 1-3 years experiences in companies, organizations or projects related to training or community.
Keen on development and community work.
Experience and skill Requirements:
Passionate and eager to share knowledge about IT, especially Microsoft applications (MS Office, Azure, Office 365).
Desire to learn knowledge and experiences about event organization, project management, program implementation, execution including techniques, processes, and risk assessment/management.
Willingness to travel frequently to project sites.
Ability to work under pressure meeting the deadlines whilst still providing high standards outputs.
Fluency in English is an advantage.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Applications should include:
- A resume/curriculum vitae (no more than 3 pages) summarizing qualifications and experience;
- An application letter (no more than two pages);
Please indicate your expectation for remuneration/salary in your application.
Deadline: May 15th, 2018.
Contact details: (Ms.) Hoang Huyen Nga - Project Officer.
Email to: email@example.com and cc to: firstname.lastname@example.org